As gravel riding has grown in popularity, we at Hope have developed products to meet the needs of drop-bar off-road riding, taking our mountain bike and cyclocross knowledge and experience and applying it gravel. Our RX4 brake calipers add power and modulation, while our Fortus wheels are a reliable, yet light, upgrade.
There was a gap though – we wanted to develop a gravel crankset to complement our other components. We have the highest expectations though. The cranks needed to be light, but give nothing in terms of durability in comparison to our mountain bike cranks. So, for the first time ever, we have created a two piece, hollow construction crank. Enter the RX Crankset.
This is a gravel crankset designed for the perfect balance of stiffness and weight. It is still tested to the same standards as our MTB cranks for confidence on or off road use. We worked hard to make sure the 30mm axle is compatible with virtually every BB system, using our extended range of bottom brackets.
To keep weight low, the RX crankset is compatible with direct mount chainrings. Direct mount chainrings are available in 38, 40, 42 and 44 tooth (narrow/wide) options. We will also supply a five arm spider with a 110BCD as an additional option. While the RX cranks are optimised for a single ring, the spider is compatible with double chainrings.
How it’s made
- The crankarm is CNC machined in two pieces. This allows highly accurate and optimised removal of unwanted material from the middle of the crankarm.
- The two pieces are assembled together and joined using a structural adhesive. The adhesive is injected under controlled parameters to ensure the perfect bond everytime.
- The crankarm has a final CNC machining process to achieve the final shape.
- Two piece hollow construction
- Fully CNC machined
- 30mm aluminium axle
- Compatible with almost every BB system with our extended range of BB’s
- 170/172.5/175mm lengths
- Available in Black, Blue, Red, Silver, Purple and Orange
- Weight from 510g (inc 5 bolt spider)
- Proudly Designed, Tested and Manufactured in Barnoldswick, UK
Availability and pricing
All crank options will be available from October
Price – £300/€374 (exc spider)